Saturday

I'm on the Lamb with the girl of my dreams, thanks to the UFO-02 Detector

I'm writing this from a secret location. I'm not going to say where I am. THEY are after me.


The UFO-02 Detector, magnetometer interfaced with micro controller for detecting magnetic anomalies is currently in my backpack - I took out the batteries so it wouldn't go off. I'm posting this message as a warning to my human brothers and sisters. I may not have much time, so let me get straight to the point.

Do Not Buy This Product unless you have it sent to a Proxy, but even then you can't be sure the Proxy isn't in cahoots with THEM. Apparently, THEY are tracking everyone who is sent this device. THEY don't want you to know who THEY ARE.

My  UFO-02 Detector, magnetometer interfaced with micro controller for detecting magnetic anomalies arrived on my doorstep 2 days ago, and I've been on the lamb ever since. I put the device in my backpack, got the usual ham and cheese sandwiches from mom, got on the bus and went off to middle school (I'm not saying which one.) The bus driver looked at me funny when I got on - but I ignored him and took my usual seat in the back. I took out the device and inserted the batteries. That was my first mistake.

Immediately the device started beeping and flashing. The girl I'd been dreaming about since 2nd grade, Missy, actually spoke to me, came over and wanted to play with it. I couldn't believe she was actually talking to me. I was so mesmerized by her presence that I didn't even realize the danger we were in.

Suddenly, my life was turned upside down as the bus came to a screeching halt. Everyone on the bus was screaming. The bus driver had transformed into a horrible creature, and was walking towards me and Missy. "GIVE ME THAT!" he ordered, in a strange angry voice. His long slimy armed whipped out towards the UFO-02 Detector, magnetometer interfaced with micro controller for detecting magnetic anomalies which Missy was holding. Fearing for her safety, I took my backpack, and swung it with all my might at his face, and the Science book inside hit him with a thud, and he fell back a step. I took out the book and threw it at his head, but he ducked. He was really angry and was coming towards us again. Missy was crying and cowering in the corner. I thought fast, opened the EMERGENCY ONLY exit on the back window, shoved the UFO-02 Detector, magnetometer interfaced with micro controller for detecting magnetic anomalies into my open back-back, grabbed Missy's hand and we scrambled out the exit window.

Other kids were making their departure through the front of the bus, and the driver was smashing the windows and ripping the seats off the bus floor, trying to make the back window exit big enough for him to get out of. Everyone was scrambling in all directions. Missy and I headed like bats out of hell for the woods.

All of the sudden, the clear morning skies started getting cloudy. And then dark. There was rumbling sounds of thunder, and lights flashed in the clouds. Then it started raining, a hot stinging rain. We made it to the edge of the woods and took shelter under the heavy branches of an Oak, I took off my hoodie and made it like an umbrella, drawing Missy close to me.

"It's going to be OK," I said, trying to reassure her.

We looked back at the bus. The inside of the bus was now filled with this horrible creature, who seemed to be growing bigger by the second. Purple and Red lights flashed around him. I felt Missy's body stiffened next to me, and she let out a stifled screamed. I understood why. The whole bus was being lifted off the ground was rising, rising, rising up into the sky.

Leaves and twigs and dirt and dust started swirling around the bus, and the bus was now caught up in a tornado. It rose higher, higher, into the dark cloud and then there was an enormous boom, and a blinding flash of light. The impact from the explosion threw me about twenty feet into the air, and I landed hard against a fallen log. Thankfully, it was rotten and cushioned my fall.

"Nick!" It was Missy calling for me. She knew my name.

I scrambled to my feet, and found Missy. She had been tossed high into the air, and clung desperately from a branch.

"Hang on," I said, and scrambled up the tree as best I could. She was way up there, and there was no way to get that high.

"I can't hang on much longer," she was crying.

I managed to position myself directly under her.

"Do you trust me?" I asked.

"Yes," she said, as tears fell down her beautiful face.

"Then let go - I'll catch you."

I used all my strength to fasten my legs and one arm onto the tree branch and then braced myself.

Missy let go and came rocketing towards me. I timed it just right, making a arc with my body and catching her with my outstretched hand, while the momentum of my swinging movement took us back towards the tree, and not towards the ground - too far below.

"Grab hold," I screamed, as we made contact and I felt my legs give a little on the branch, and her hands claw at my hair, and then my shirt. The impact was too much and we started slipping down, branches breaking, and hitting us in the face. Finally, we managed to stop and clung against each other and the tree, panting from exertion.

Eventually we extricated ourselves from the tree, and found our way back to where the back pack was. It was dead silent in the woods. None of the other children were visible.

"I want my mommy," Missy cried.

I looked in my backpack for my phone, but it wasn't in there. Missy's phone was cracked and wouldn't power up.

We went to the road and started walking. It was only a few miles to town. Someone would be coming to pick us up.

But we were wrong. It wasn't a someone but a some being that came for us. Thank goodness the UFO-02 Detector, magnetometer interfaced with micro controller for detecting magnetic anomalies  managed to give us advanced warning, or we would have accepted a ride from the black car with the two men in it, wearing sunglasses.



Using the device, we've managed to successfully cross two state lines accepting rides from actual humans only, and as soon as we know it's safe to return to our hometown, which we fear has been invaded, we will contact our parents.

In the meantime, Missy and I have plans to make it to Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment